I’ve worked some days on a web app application, completely written using jQuery, jQuery Mobile and Kendo UI Library.
The application worked successfully on the Android devices but, on Iphone/Ipad crashed unexpectedly.
I’ve tried to investigate the crash logs on the device, with no fortune.
I’ve discovered on the web a great project that enables Chrome debug on Safari for IOS, here is the link:
You need to install :
- Brew http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/
- Chrome for Mac
After the proxy installation you need to execute it on your mac using :
Start the IOS simulator using XCode:
Connect chrome on your Mac to the address… http://localhost:9221
Choose the device:
Here we are: Chrome web tools debugging Safari!
If Safari crashes… you will be able to see the console message in the web tools window.. this should save a lot of time when you try to find the crash point.
- don’t use web apps inside iframes : Safari on IOS in really unstable
- if you need to use jQuery ready event…. wrap the code inside a function and add a timer and call it after 100-200 ms
- sometimes working on css style overflox-x overflow-y seems to crash Safari
- read the Apple guidelines for web apps:
Hope it helps!